Thursday, May 10, 2018

Happy Anniversary

At the end of April my parents celebrated their 50th Anniversary. My siblings and I planned lots of surprises for them throughout the day including pink flamingos in their front yard! They have received their card so I can share it now <smile>

One of my tasks was to create their card. I wanted to include flowers and one of Mom's favourite colours - purple. I also wanted to include something for my Dad which is where the wood comes in. Since his retirement he has been dabbling in wood working so the wood paper is perfect to include him.  

The inside included a special note from all their "Kids" which they loved. 



I wanted to use the flowers on the With Deepest Sympathy stamp but the sentiment didn't fit. I grabbed my post it notes and strategically masked off the sentiment and stamped the flowers. The sentiment was another test in masking and placement as it is actually a long sentiment not stacked like I have done it. 
I sooo love my Misti!

After holding my breath and stamping, I coloured the flowers with alcohol markers and cut it out. I added some stickles to not only the balls around the flowers but also in some of the white space around the stamp.
Some wood paper in the background, inked edges and some twine finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: With Deepest Sympathy -  High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Happy Aniversary - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Sage and Grace - Kaisercraft

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, London Fog ink - Memento, Crystal Stickles, twine - American Crafts 

Spectrum Noir Markers: LV1 PL2 PL4 CG1 DG2 DG4 CT1 AB1 IG1
                                           
                     
 Follow the One Crazy Stamper blog as the DT Divas will be bringing Daily Inspiration throughout the month. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment