Thursday, February 22, 2018

Hummingbird Hello

I have had this stamp in my stash for a little while now. I think it is a gorgeous stamp that can be used for so many different occasions but for some reason, I have been scared to try colouring it.
However, for this weeks post, I wanted something that had a Spring feel to it, something I could use some bright spring colours with, so I sat down, took a deep breath..............and then this happened <smile>




Sketch Inspiration


After colouring this amazing stamp with alcohol markers, I fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge and set it aside. I cut out a circle and added some puffy clouds using a cloud die, dauber and light blue ink. The hummingbird and flower were added using some foam pop dots. Next I cut my patterned papers and a cardstock backing piece to match. The scripty word die was taped down on the patterned paper (with painters tape so it didn't rip the paper) and run through my big kick. The die was run again using a piece of matching cardstock. I glued the cardstock word down as an inset and added some ribbon and gumdrops to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Hummingbird - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Scripty Words die - YNS
Patterned Paper: Watercolour Wash Brights - MFT, Sugar and Spice - Doodlebug
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, Stampin' Up ribbon, Forever in Time Pop Dots, classic circle die - Spellbinders, white sugar and sparkle gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: AG1 AG3 AG4 AG5 BT3 BT4 BT6 BT7 DR5 DR1 DR7 BG7 MG3 MG4 DR6 CT1 CT2 GB5 CT4
                                                                        
 Don't forget to ink up your favourite High Hopes stamp and come play along in our Anything Goes challenge! We can't wait to see what you create! 

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment:

  1. Super pretty! Great coloring and nice added touch with that ribbon/bow! ;)

    ReplyDelete