Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all the wonderful Canadians out there!!!  This weekend my husband and our two fur babies are heading to my parents house for a Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday.  Whenever we head to my parents for a Holiday evening I always bring my Mom a bottle of wine and a Thank you card and this is what I will be bringing her this weekend....

Well there is a little story as to WHY I have made my Mom this adorable Red Squirrel card.  A family of Red Squirrels have decided to make a home inside my parents attic.   My Dad has been successful in getting 2 of the 4 babies out and has them safely in a cage trying to get the mommy Squirrel to coax the other two babies and herself out so that he can seal up the hole he has made for their escape.  My Mom has taken a liking to the two little babies that they have "saved" from the attic and I keep telling her that they can not be pets, but we will just have to wait and see what happens LOL.  Hopefully soon the mommy Squirrel will take the hint and move her new family out of their attic and make a safe home for the upcoming cold weather very soon.  So needless to say, that is why I coloured this adorable image to show you a Red Squirrel LOL.
 
Here is a look at the inside of the card....
Supplies Used:  * Image: High Hopes, Little Nutty Buddy  * Copic Xpress It Card Stock  * Copic Sketch Markers  * 3D Pop Dots  * Memento Inks:  Tuxedo Black, Morocco, Rich Cocoa & Rhubarb Stalk  *

Here is a close up of this super cute image to see the Copic colours used....
Copic Colours Used:  * Squirrel:  E18, E19, E17, E15  * Nose:  W9, W7  * Acorns:  E49, E47, E44, E43, E42  * Ground:  G46, G43, G43, G40

I hope that you enjoyed today card and I wish you all a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Weekend!  I also hope that I may have inspired you to create a project of your own to enter into this months challenge =)


Until Next Time, Keep Crafting & Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hugs;

1 comment:

  1. Awww this so cute, way to go on the thanksgiving card...awesome!

    ReplyDelete